As a parent, you want the best for your children. This is particularly necessary to remember during times of emotional stress. The divorce can be devastating to a child, and also you need to be sure that you’ ve performed everything possible to alleviate the tough transition ahead, especially when it comes to child custody.
Infant custody mediation in Los Angeles is readily available to you. It’ s a way of creating sure that your children never begin to believe that they’ ve somehow caused your marital problems. They deserve to remain secure in the knowledge that you are divorcing your spouse, not them.
The following are some of the problems that Custody mediation in Los Angeles will help clarify for you:
· Have you done your absolute best to avoid a custody dispute? Are you totally convinced that the battle ahead is worth the trauma it may potentially cause your children?
· Are you sure that you have thought things through obviously and carefully? Are you proceeding together with your children’ s welfare at heart rather than from a place of anger towards your spouse?
· Have you engaged qualified professionals, i. e. attorneys or counsellors, that will represent you fairly and with the particular best of intentions? Are you confident within their capabilities? Are they trustworthy?
· Are you completely prepared to embark on the difficult child custody process? Have you performed the appropriate study?
· Have you closely monitored your children’ s reactions during the custody procedure? Do they need any assistance within coping with the stress?
· Is the welfare of your children still your top priority? Anytime, have you allowed your problems to be their problems?
· Have you engaged in any activities or made any claims in your children’ s presence that undermine your spouse? Have you acted pleasantly?
· Have you recognized the potential problems that are limiting your children’ s connection with their other parent can cause?
Don’ t try to answer all these questions solely, seek the help of Child custody mediation and parenting planning in Los Angeles Ca.
Excerpted from Your Divorce Advisor: A Lawyer as well as a Psychologist Guide You Through the Legal and Emotional Landscape of Divorce (Simon & Schuster/Fireside 2001).